[X Newbies] Mac Mail Question

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Wed Jun 18 20:50:51 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, June 18, 2003, at 10:20 PM, Vincent Cayenne wrote:

>> , and cricket, instead of jumping with both feet (er, beg your
>> pardon, all six feet, of course) on it could've said, "That's not
>> quite correct
>
> But is was not "not quite correct", but completely and
> in-no-way-related-to-the-query incorrect.

He (F. Neumann) is simply arguing in a very long winded way that the
list should be more concerned about the feelings of the people on it,
rather than about what is correct or incorrect. Its all about saying
"not quite correct" instead of "incorrect", and other time wasters. The
likely result is that Cricket gets bored of the politically-correct
clap-trap (not post-modernist clap-trap) and decides to leave, taking
away our one source of true information. But maybe this isn't a problem
for Mr. Neumann - if we don't know the right answer, nobody will ever
feel bad.

SR