[X Newbies] DVD -1 or +1

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Fri Jun 20 12:44:18 PDT 2003

On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 01:12 PM, TheMacintoshLady wrote:

> Joe Ellis tapped out this message on 6/20/2003 12:44 PM
>
>> Toast does multiple session burns to DVDs. Apple's iDVD only does
>> single
>> burns AFAIK.
>
> I do own Toast Titanium but not sure if it's a multi-purpose installer
> for Classic and X too like some applications are. Will have to check on
> that.

IMO, the easiest way is to install it in both then trash one copy, but
its not necessary.

The reason I say that is that both Classic and X need files to be in
the right place to use all the features. For example the plugins for
exporting to VCD in QuickTime or iMovie in OS X and the extensions in
OS 9.

IIRC though, Toast does install all of these files within an
"Extensions" folder within its own application folder so you can
install them by hand. I think this process is explained somewhere in
the installation instructions, but I'm not sure.

-Mike