Imac Ethernet Dead!?

Vince Venero vincejr at ufl.edu
Tue Jun 24 13:48:08 PDT 2003

I recently posted about my girlfriends dead imac ethernet.  I have
found a few sparce similar problems on the apple discussions.  But no
replies to them.

I also booted in verbose mode (apple-v) and watched the system boot up.
  When it came to the line UniNorth and Ethernet, I recognized this as
the point where the ethernet hardware is initialized.

The interesting thing it said was::
"Disabled Cell Clock!!!! Putting [UniNorth] to sleep....."

Which means there is some hardware problem with the ethernet card....!!

Help, is there anything short of a logic board that can be done?  Any
firmware commands that might reset all the hardware??

Thanks again
vince