[X Newbies] Disk first aid button grayed out

Florin Alexander Neumann alexn at ica.net
Sat Jun 28 05:51:16 PDT 2003

On Saturday, Jun 28, 2003, at 03:03 Canada/Eastern, David Brian Brown
wrote:

> I need to run disk first aid on my 600mhz ibook 10.1.5,  I go to the
> Disk Utility and click on the First Aid tab and then click on my hard
> drive at the left under disks and volumes.  But when I go to click on
> Repair and/or Verify they are both still grayed out.

"Disk First Aid cannot verify or repair the startup disk or repair a
write-protected disk, a CD-ROM, or a disk with open files. The startup
disk was verified, and repaired if necessary, at boot time. In order to
repair or verify the startup disk, please boot from the Mac OS X
Install CD and verify the disk using Disk Utility from the Installer
Apple Menu."

RTFM