[X Newbies] OS X Mail - National Do Not Call List

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 28 07:43:29 PDT 2003

Thomas D. Kearns tapped out this message on 6/28/2003 10:25 AM

>The national Do Not Call List went effective yesterday.
>www.donotcall.gov
>After you register there is a confirming e-mail.   I never received
>mine.  This AM's New York Times mentioned that some had not received
>the confirming e-mail perhaps because the e-mails were not making it
>through junk mail filters.  Lo and behold, they were correct, Mail
>treats the confirming e-mails as junk.  Check your junk mailbox.  You
>need to respond to the e-mail to confirm the listing on the national
>list.

I have thought about this and am hesitant to give the government anything
of mine.
I find that simply having caller ID and not answering the phone when it
says the caller number is "unknown" has cut out 99% of all telemarketing
calls.
The other 1% are daring enough to let their number show which in any case
I can still choose to answer or not.