[X Newbies] DHCP lost after upgrade

Mark Gillingham markgill at uwalumni.com
Sat Jun 28 13:51:54 PDT 2003

On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 03:00 PM, Jason Tertadian wrote:

> On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 09:02 AM, Mark Gillingham wrote:
>
>> After an apple software upgrade of Safari and Airport the Network
>> System Preference for TCP/IP lost its DHCP preference.
> --
> What do you mean by that, exactly?  Is "Using DHCP" missing from the
> Configure drop-down menu?

That's correct. DHCP and bootp do not appear in the Configure popup any
more. And I cannot configure the network manual. It allows me to, but
without any effect. The window still shows that it is attempt to
connect via ppp. In fact I have not connected via ppp for some time.
Can I test the Ethernet hardware somehow?