[X Newbies] Question re First Install of OS X on iMac

Scott scott-xlists at scotist.com
Mon Jun 30 23:41:40 PDT 2003

You can just go straight to Jaguar, provided you aren't using the $19
upgrade CD set.

This particular model of iMac should be ok in regards to firmware. You
can check current version via the Apple System Profiler listed as 'boot
rom' version. See

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58174 lists current
firmware versions. Her iMac should be on 4.1.9. If it is, you can skip
the firmware update process.

--
Scott