[X Newbies] Phone Number Mystery

Scott j-scotty at attbi.com
Sat Mar 1 09:35:15 PST 2003

On Friday, Feb 28, 2003, at 16:03 US/Pacific, TheMacintoshLady wrote:

> Birgit Rhoads tapped out this message on 2/28/2003 6:16 PM
>
>> Odd, I never have had Text Edit crash on me.  I just got Cocoa eFax
>> and
>> think it's wonderful.  It is so easy to use.  I never did care for
>> FaxStaff.
>> Maybe you should repair your Disk Permissions.  You should do that a
>> lot in
>> OS X.
>

> What a shame. This should not need to be done on a brand new Mac. I
> have
> not touched any permissions and in all the years using and abusing
> Macs,
> NEVER HAVE I had the simple TEXT editor crash!
> What a pile of .........

As has been repeatedly stated by many, FAXStf is generally viewed as a
pile of dreck. It is not part of Mac OS X. don't blame the OS for the
sins of the application. And if you've never had an editor crash, then
either you really haven't done as much troubleshooting as you claim to
have done, or you have selective amnesia.

--
Scott