Basic Troubleshooting Information

Chris Foote foote at chem.ucla.edu
Fri Mar 7 09:36:31 PST 2003

>Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 08:57:18 -0600
>Subject: [X Newbies]
>From: Michael Winter <michael-winter at uiowa.edu>
>
>Since this is a newbies list, I thought it might be appropriate to
>point out a couple of troubleshooting documents that Apple has posted
>to their Knowledge Base. From the Apple Support Updates mailing I
>received they are described as :
>
>Mac OS X Troubleshooting: How to Isolate an Issue
><http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n25392>
>This document outlines a logical way to troubleshoot issues you may have
>with Mac OS X.
>
>Mac OS X: How to Troubleshoot a Software Issue
><http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n25398>
>This document outlines a logical way to troubleshoot software issues you
>may have with Mac OS X.
>
>The first one in particular may be a good place to start if you're
>having trouble.
>
>-Mike

To this add Randy Singer's invaluable list:
http://www.macattorney.com/tutorial.html
Chris

Christopher S. Foote                      |Internet:foote at chem.ucla.edu
5505C Molecular Science                   |Phone:(310)-825-1409
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry  |FAX:  (310)-206-1843
University of California, Los Angeles     |
CA 90095-1569                             |
  http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Organic/CSF_Brochure.html