[X Newbies] OS X reinstall

William Lane wilann at telusplanet.net
Sat Mar 8 10:37:52 PST 2003

On Saturday, March 8, 2003, at 09:14  AM, jerrywilson wrote:

>> Sound good?
>
> Yes, but I'd run all the utilities you have first just to be sure it
> can't be fixed.
>
> Disk Utility from the cd
> Repair Permissions form you HD disk utility
> Disk Warrior (if you have it)
> MacJanitor (free download)

Or, if you ARE going to do a fresh new install, avoid all the hassle.
Use CarbonCopyCloner to backup to your Titanium. Reformat and reinstall
from the CD's. CCC back to the iMac from the Titanium. You'll have a
fresh new system without any bugs/bad prefs etc. I have used CCC this
way and seemingly it won't copy back anything 'bad' as in each instance
the OS was 100% even after CCC'ing back from the one that was
misbehaving.
Taking this route saves a bunch of time using Disk Utility, DW etc etc.

__
William Lane
Calgary Canada
Via Mac OSX - Mail