[X Newbies] Hard Drive Upgrade

Diego Terneus dtern at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 11 09:59:23 PST 2003

On 3/11/03 7:33, "Vincent Cayenne" <vcayenne at mac.com> wrote:

> At 8:59a -0800 2003.02.03, Diego Terneus wrote:
>> upgrade the hard disk on my TiBook (55o MHz) . I have the standard
>> 20 Gig that came with it but think I now need at least a 40 Gig
>> drive.
>
> Diego, are you planning to _replace_ your internal PowerBook drive?
> If so, Dean's suggestion was excellent. I have a Fujitsu 30 GB in one
> Lombard but another Fujitsu bit the dust a few months ago. Their
> warranty process was painless but not particularly quick. Fortunately
> the drive failed "gracefully", allowing me to get my stuff before it
> was too late...
>
> The other responses are relevant only if you plan to add capacity by
> putting a new drive in an external enclosure.

Vincent,
Thanks for your info.
Yes, I would like to replace the internal, probably keep the original 20 Gig
in an external case (it's still good).
I will probably get the IBM 40 Gig, 5400  although I'm thinking of waiting
to see how the new Hatachi/IBM drives look like.
‹meanwhile, my hard disk space is rapidly shrinking! (thanks to iTunes!)