Quitting Classic

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat May 3 09:39:03 PDT 2003

> From: Diego Terneus <dtern at earthlink.net>
>
> Once I'm done with a classic application, the classic environment
> doesn't
> quit automatically and I have to force quit it.
> Does anyone know of another way to make it quit once you don't need it
> anymore?

There's no reason to do this at all. Classic can be set to go to
"sleep" after 5 minutes of inactivity (or whatever you'd like) and uses
virtually zero RAM or cpu when "asleep."

But if you really want to, you can simply go to the "Classic" system
preference panel and shut it off at will. All you are doing by
force-quitting is increasing the possibility of corrupting Classic.

_Chas_

New at http://filmmoi.blogspot.com - a review of the Disney documentary
"The Sweatbox." Check it out!