[X Newbies] Printing Problem

Mark_PHILIP at scdf.gov.sg Mark_PHILIP at scdf.gov.sg
Sun May 4 23:57:32 PDT 2003

Hi Galen,
I'm using 10.2.5 and am printing fine to a Windows network as well.
Can you give us more information about your printer settings?

I presume you are using IP printing to connect to your network printer...
1) You need to make sure that you have configured your PowerBook to an
available IP Address from your Windows Network.
2) This can be done either via DHCP or manually.
3) Launch Print Center and verify that your printers have the correct IP
information set on them in Print Center.
4) To test connectivity, try to ping the printer from your PowerBook using
Network Utility.

Let us know if you need more help and information.
Regards,
Mark.

I'm having a printing problem with my Mac PowerBook G4. I am running Mac
OS X 10.2.5.

I can't print to either my home or work Windows 2000 network. At home I
have an HP LaserJet 5P and at work I have 2 printers -- a Brother
HL-2460 and an HP LaserJet 2200 Series 6 PCL.

Even though I have downloaded and installed the Mac OS X drivers for all
3 printers, anytime I attempt to print to any of the aforementioned
printers all that is sent is PostScript code.

I would certainly appreciate someone telling me how to solve this
problem so I can complete my transition from Windows to Mac.

Thanks in advance.

Galen