[X Newbies] Screenshots

Jennifer Landefeld jennsbl at mac.com
Thu May 8 10:18:40 PDT 2003

On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 08:50  AM, George H-S
<volvodriver7 at mac.com> wrote:

>   Grab seems to be a weak application IMHO.

 From the Services Menu I agree with you wholeheartedly.

OTOH, I placed Grab on my dock and open it from there and keep it open.
I switch to it, and with the exception of not being able to capture the
main menu bar with menus open (across the top of the screen - I still
use your favoured Shift Cmd 3/4 to get these main menus) it gives a
higher resolution image that definitely looks better blown up on a
screen for presentations.

I have been able to "grab" all screenshots I've wanted with any app,
folder, etc. open on the desktop.

I haven't tried it in print format yet but for me TIFF is always
preferable to JPEG via PDF for quality.

Cheers,
Jenn

[Digest mode so cc replies to me if you like]