Quicktime problems

surfsidesix at earthlink.net surfsidesix at earthlink.net
Sun May 11 08:13:18 PDT 2003

Listers,

It seems as if Quicktime wants to continually update itself and it's
settings almost every time (every other time) I'm online and trying
to view a .MOV clip.

I let it do it's update thing, and it's fine for a day. If I go back
to the same site and click on the same clip, it says it needs another
update to view the same clip I just looked at less than 24 hours ago.
(these are movie trailers of upcoming feature releases at Apple's
site).

What gives? Even Apple can't create software updates that fast. And I
can't believe Quicktime could need updates to view things I saw less
than a day ago.

Every time it says the update is complete; I restart and it's good
for about a day or so. Then I have to repeat the process in two or
three days sometimes less.

Any suggestions?

Hardware:
867MHz Quicksilver G4, with 896 megs of ram and OS 10.2 Jaguar.

Thanks in advance,

Cobey