[X Newbies] jpegs, etc.

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Fri May 16 20:00:15 PDT 2003

At 10:56 AM -0400 5/14/03, Florin Alexander Neumann wrote:
>There's some confusion here.

Yes, that's true. I'm an OSX newbie! Lotta confusion! Thanks for
helping out.

>The technique is simple and has been mentioned
>before: just drag-and-drop the respective file on the Photoshop
>application icon.

This works beautifully on screen shots (pdfs that would not open
for me before.) Thanks!

It does not work on a file named "P4250174.JPG 1" someone
sent me. The error message reads "could not open because it
is not the right kind of document."

It's fine when I rename it to delete the numeral "1" on the end.

Just out of curiosity, has the Mac always not wanted to open
documents like this? I thought it did not care what a document
was named.

I asked the sender how he named these. He says there was no
"1" on the end when he sent them. They all ended in .JPG.

I assume then that he sent them twice and so my iBook added "1"
or in some cases "2" onto the ends of the suffixes.

I probably need to get graphic converter. This would open all
the recalcitrant files and relieve the stress involved with
this sort of thing. I have an old copy; I just need to upgrade
it.

Many thanks again.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz | Graphite iMac 333mHz
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com

10MB emailbox limit/send no attachments.