[X Newbies] "...disk is in use" But by what process??

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Mon May 19 11:39:47 PDT 2003

on 03/05/19 08:29, Albert W D'Amanda at aldamanda at comcast.net wrote:

> Go  to  file(s)  where each  Application(s)  are(is)  located and see
> if you can close them with a "normal" quit (not a force quit)

Yes, I could do this brute force next time it happens, but I was hoping
there was a smart way to do it.  Obviously the OS knows which app is causing
the problem - is there a way for it to tell me, so I can fix it without
interrupting my work by quitting 25 applications?  Also, the culprit could
be some kind of background process.

Jerry