mail help

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu May 22 01:35:55 PDT 2003

> From: John Lowther <j.lo at earthlink.net>

You do NOT seriously go by "j.lo" do you?? Oh my that's hilarious!! :)

> i am having a problem with mail
> i can't delete and address from my address book

To delete an address from the Address Book program, you must open it
up. You can't do it from Mail.

> or get that address out of a distribution list

Mail automatically keeps track of the last few hundred names you've
sent mail to, even if they are not in your Address Book file. I don't
know of any way to customise or purge that behaviour, which is
"borrowed" from Outlook/Entourage behaviour.

Check with MacOSXHints.com for possible workarounds/cures.

> and then searching mail help

You're looking in the wrong place. You want Address Book help, not Mail
help.

_Chas_

"Microsoft has innovated nothing. The thing I find most contemptible is
Bill's lying , this thing about innovating. It makes me want to puke.
That's innovation a la Rockefeller, not innovation a la Edison."
— Larry Elisson, Oracle CEO, 1998 interview with PC Week Online.