[X Newbies] Backup Software (Was: Partitioning Drive?)

Florin Alexander Neumann alexn at ica.net
Thu May 22 05:03:44 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 15:17 Canada/Eastern, Vincent Cayenne
wrote:

> the following products support Mac OS X even where the backup server
> sometimes runs on a different platform [...]

Thanks for the info.

One of the beefs I have with Retrospect and other OS X backup offerings
is that none of them support making a disaster recovery disk, as Retro
does on the Win side and as it did on OS 9 and earlier. (Or am I
wrong?) I believe any serious backup tool should have this facility.

True, while Retrospect's support of a DRD on earlier versions of
Windows was good, on Win XP it's a dud -- I've tried on several PCs and
never got it to work. But they're not even trying on the Mac.