Spinning Beach Ball of Death

Ed Sutherland digital at twcny.rr.com
Tue May 27 08:00:27 PDT 2003

I'm at my wits-end over what to do about all of the spinning
beach-balls I've begun experiencing in my mail applications. It occurs
at different points in the mail sending process. There is never an
error, the mail is always sent, but after sending mail, the application
never relinquishes control until I reboot.

This happens only in a mail applications (Mail.app or Eudora.) I cannot
switch to another application and often cannot kill the offending
application through force quit.

I'm running 10.2.6. This rarely, if ever, happened with 10.1.5.

Thanks for any help.

Ed