Probably a dumb question

Chris Foote foote at chem.ucla.edu
Fri Nov 7 08:55:48 PST 2003

>From: jc <jc at his.com>
>Subject: [X Newbies]
>Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:45:59 -0500
>
>This is Probably  a dumb question but then again this is a Newbies list.
>
>It has been recommend to dump all my preferences to get rid of a
>"flaky" problem on my G4. Do I take them out of the library/preferences
>folder to save them on desktop or can I just move the whole folder to
>the desktop and a new folder will be created when I restart?
>
>Thanks,
>
>--JC

One way of doing this is to create a new user just for testing. You
may also have some third party prefpanes that are flaky. You can move
them out of the Library (they may be either in the main library or in
your user library) to the desktop, log out and back in to see if that
fixes anything. .
Chris

Christopher S. Foote                      |Internet:foote at chem.ucla.edu
5505C Molecular Science                   |Phone:(310)-825-1409
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry  |FAX:  (310)-206-1843
University of California, Los Angeles     |
CA 90095-1569                             |
  http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Organic/CSF_Brochure.html