[X Newbies] How can I print a list of files into a file or ina PDF

Cyril Blanc blanc.cyril at wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 7 21:50:01 PST 2003

On 8/11/03 6:38, "Steven Rogers" <srogers1 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> On Friday, November 7, 2003, at 11:11 PM, Cyril Blanc wrote:
>
>> May be I did not explain what I want to do :
>>
>> I have 2 directories (1700 files). I want to print this list to a
>> printer or to a pdf or to a file
>> In dos it is :
>> Dir /p
>>

> Ah - I get it.  Well, you could open a terminal window and type
>
> ls -1 >files.txt
>
> to list the file names to a file.  Then exit from terminal, open the
> files in TextEdit, paste them together and print to PDF. Using a "-l"
> (a lower case L) instead of a -1 (the numeral one) will make a "long
> format" listing with file sizes and so forth.
>
> SR
Thanks that is exactly what I wanted.

Best regards

Cyril Blanc
France

Please sign the petition ³Apple to support APPLE LaserWriter 300 in MAC OS
X²
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/Ap1c1/petition.html

If you want to be sure I read your answer leave my name in it !
Spam mails are directly going to trash