[X Newbies] Upgrading from OSX 102 -> 10.3

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Wed Nov 12 19:27:46 PST 2003

At 6:40 PM -0500 11/12/03, Galen A Grimes wrote:
>. Did you upgrade from 10.2 to 10.3 or did you wipe your HD clean and
>then simply to a clean install of 10.3

I used Carbon Copy Cloner to backup my drive to an external FireWire
400 drive which I disconnected after the backup.. Then I uninstalled
all Unsanity products. The I booted from the DiskWarrior CD and did a
directory cleanup. Then I did a Panther upgrade (straight
upgrade-in-place). Immediately after doing the upgrade, I did a safe
boot, repaired permissions and rebooted once more. No problems.

>. Did you run into any similar problems to the Firewire/external drive
>problems mention elsewhere

No.

>. Have you run into any applications/programs that worked under 10.2 but
>won't work under 10.3

Print Center Repair

>. Any other caveats or gotchas to be aware of

There's some quirkiness in getting printing and access to network
shares going smoothly after the upgrade. Test PDA sync'ing. Watch out
for marginalised RAM. Feel free to reboot and repair permissions
often inn pursuit of problems...
--
If you're careful enough, nothing bad or good will ever happen to
you. (Anonymous)