[X Newbies] VPC Network question update

Leon Sargent Leon.Sargent at verizon.net
Thu Nov 20 08:04:52 PST 2003

On Nov 20, 2003, at 9:00 AM, Joe Ellis wrote:

> I'm not setting on my Mac at home, however if I recall correctly,
> there are
> 2 choices for how you set networking in VPC. Go to your settings
> controls
> and select the setting other than what you have now. I'm running VPC
> with
> Win 2K with a cable modem and it works fine, so I suspect you have the
> wrong
> networking setting selected, can't remember what they are called,
> consequences of getting old I guess.
>
> Joe Ellis

Joe.

Well I have found that using Virtual Switch you have to have two IP
addresses.  One for the Mac and one for the PC.  Good if your are going
to chat and you need an independant and not shared IP address that you
would have if you used Shared Network.

Virtual Switch is not going to work with my DSL connection.  I read
this from the Microsoft web site.

Lee