G5 Dual 1.8GHz

Stephen Foster foster at pop.ca.inter.net
Sun Nov 23 04:38:28 PST 2003

Just after I ordered a G5 1.8 out comes the Dual 1.8. I thought this
meant two processors each at that speed but it appears to mean two
processors totalling that speed (i.e. two 900GHz processors). Why is
it better to have the same speed split between two processors rather
than just having one processor. Intuitively it would seem to increase
the chances for conflicts/problems/glitches. Just wonderin'.
Stephen
--
-
"A man cannot step into the same river twice; for neither is it the