[X Newbies] Permissions

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 27 14:51:44 PST 2003

On Thursday, November 27, 2003, at 03:15  PM, Florin Alexander Neumann
wrote:

>> once in a while I get a file from him [...] and it says it won't
>> allow me to save it but somehow I do.
>
> Who/what says?

I am getting White Papers for his website that he's written in
Appleworks, but when I open them they are 'locked' or perhaps it says I
don't have 'permission' to save it, so it lets me open a 'copy'. He is
using X on an iMac, a former PC user.

However, I then simply fix up the formatting and check the typos and
Print to PDF for posting and it's been OK so far.