[X Newbies] Port 110

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 27 19:55:42 PST 2003

I may have stumbled on the problem with intermittent mail failures and
have hope it will be fixed.

I just downloaded a new iChatAV thinking my old one was dying, but this
week I was also noticing something that had never happened before - I
cannot maintain audio chat for more than 20 seconds without having
packet loss and disconnect.

So, I had two people I couldn't stay connected with, chat with each
other and it worked.....therefore telling me it was MY connection. I
just called the cable company and they did detect packet loss and will
send someone out to see if my cable was cut at the street once again. I
could go out with a flashlight and check, but it's too dark and scary
for me to go out there without packing right now, so tomorrow is not
that long a wait.

I do political websites and I have been slashed before  by the
opposition.......this will be the third time if it's true.
Other than that, I'm just happy Comcast realizes that something is
wrong on their end.
I usually have a stellar connection.