Switcher - hard drive

Simon Briggs stagsimon at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 5 11:28:21 PDT 2003

On Sunday, October 5, 2003, at 08:29  AM, Mac OS X Newbies wrote:

>> I want to upgrade HDrive on my old G4/400 but do not want to
>> reinstall.
>> Is there a way of copying the entire system from drive 1 to drive 2?
>
> Why re-install? Install the new drive and also keep the old one.

Because there is only 300Mb left on the 10Gig, OSX wants to store
certain things in certain places on the OS disk, especially if sharing
over the home network.
My wife is a WINDOWS 'switcher' and I do not want to be in the position
of having to 'eat crow' if I goof, the new 80Gig has plenty of room and
the 10 gig is about the size of her iPod.... swap o rama.

So the question still stands

Simon