default attachment file opener

J Patrick Draine draine at attbi.com
Mon Oct 13 09:11:07 PDT 2003

Some time ago I downloaded Nisus Writer Express' demo. Somehow when it
got installed it became the default app to open attachments sent to me.
While it's *nice* that NWE has the capability to open various word
processing files (though they open like molasses ), it's a royal pain
to have the files present as Nisus files -- especially since the demo
period expired! In the short run I downloaded the NWE demo again, but I
need to know what I must toggle to correct this (I can't find an
appropriate icon in System Preferences)! I had this happen before, but
forgot what the fix was (and need to do it again)!
Thanks,
Patrick Draine
OS X 10.2.8