blue screen infinity

John Lowther j.lo at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 19 10:40:49 PDT 2003

hi list.

working on my blue power mac G3. (this machine has been a lot of
trouble so far)... yesterday we tried to get a scanner hooked up to it.
it wouldn't work. kept telling us to look for something called
"macintosh easy open" which could not be found on the machine.  but
that is not the trouble.

today it had to be restarted because what had been dialogue boxes, had
become clear rectangles without text and we wanted them to go away.  we
hit restart. it cycled thru as normal but after showing the OS X box
and watching it's blue meter fill up it then hung up on tha blue screen
after that and never went to the desktop. 4 times in a row now. it is
very patient, it will stay blue for ever.

any suggestions as to how to get unstuck?

thanks
John