[X Newbies] Export Safari Bookmarks and Cookie Purging

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Mon Sep 1 11:34:26 PDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 08:03:10AM -0700, Robert (Bob) P. Andris wrote:
: Eugene Lee asked:
: >On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 01:38:42PM -0700, Robert (Bob) P. Andris wrote:
: >:
: >: That's my first choice, too.  I've even paid the registration!  But,
: >: Safari has taken over due to a valid objection my wife brought up.
: >: The hierarchical, flop-down bookmark menus are too narrow.
: >
: >Which menus in OmniWeb?  The one from the global menu bar?  Or the
: >Favorites Bar that usually shows up beneath the Navigation Bar?
:
: The one that drops down and out from the topmost global menu bar.

That one?  I for one appreicate OmniWeb keeping bookmark titles from
creating these annoying wide cascading menus, especially from sites that
try to embed 200+ characters of keywords within their <TITLE> elements.
Before the G4 and Quartz Extreme, rendering those kinds of long titles
on a translucent pinstrip background to generate a screen-wide menu
really slowed down the CPU and thus OmniWeb's responsiveness.

Sorry about your wife's objections.  But I think in this case, it goes
against good UI practices.  :-)

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/