[X Newbies] upgrading

Florin Alexander Neumann alexn at ica.net
Mon Sep 1 14:04:07 PDT 2003

On Monday, Sep 1, 2003, at 15:32 Canada/Eastern, Peter Sealy wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 12:07  AM, Florin Alexander Neumann
> wrote:
>> [...] IIRC, the G3 B&W cannot be used in FW Target mode.
>
> I have a BWG3 rev2 and I use FW Target Disk Mode with it connected to
> my TiPB G4 887. I start the PB in TDM and the PB's hard disk appears
> on the BW monitor. But it won't work in the reverse direction.

What you describe is using the PowerBook in FireWire Target Disk mode,
not the G3. By saying "it won't work in the reverse direction", you are
confirming that the G3 B&W can't be used in FW Target Disk mode.

On Monday, Sep 1, 2003, at 02:14 Canada/Eastern, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> Start up your iMac with
> the "T" key held down until the bouncing FireWire symbol appears.

However, it was I who misread Randy's perfectly sound comments -- he
suggested starting the iMac in FW Target Disk mode, not the G3.