[X Newbies] upgrading

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Wed Sep 3 09:42:53 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 09:57 AM, Jon Warms wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 08:34 AM,  Florin Alexander
> Neumann <alexn at ica.net> wrote:
>
>> But you can't do it, because, of G3 Macs, only the G3 FW PowerBooks
>> can
>> be used in FW Target Disk mode.
> =============================
> Since we must be precise, let's not forget the lowly G3 iBook:
>
>> The following models can be used as target computers:
>> iMac (Slot Loading) with Firmware version 2.4 or later
>> iMac (Summer 2000 and all models introduced after 2000.07)

Since we're being precise, many of the G3 iMacs (as seen in the list)
will also boot in FW Target Disk Mode.

Maybe we should try making the list of Macs that don't support this
mode -seems like it would be a shorter list. AFAIK it would be:

Macs without built-in Firewire
The B&W G3
Are there any iMacs with built-in Firewire that don't support it with
the appropriate Firmware uprade?

-Mike