[X Newbies] Indexing

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 3 19:17:37 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 05:19  AM, Florin Alexander Neumann
wrote:

> Finder uses indices for content searches. So, when you search by
> content, Finder will index the hard disk if it doesn't find one
> already done. Perhaps this is what you see.

Well that would explain it.

  As long as it is not doing it while I'm working I don't mind, because
sometimes the system starts to crawl  around midnight...... that is
usually when other "processes" run, the ones I've set up to run. And so
I don't really want indexing going on too...