rdesktop on remote Linux box

Mark Gillingham markgill at uwalumni.com
Wed Sep 17 05:21:48 PDT 2003

I installed rdesktop 1.1.0 on a RedHat 7.3 box and get keyboard errors
even when I use the keyboard switch (-k en). For instance, I shell to
the remote Linux box and issue "rdesktop -k en host.domain" and get
connected to a Win2000 Terminal Server. However, no key matches. Some
appear to be a row off and others appear to be swtiched left to right.
It may be there is no pattern at all. Does this have to do with the X11
server settings? If so, is there anything I can do to fix it?

Mark

Mark Gillingham
markgill at uwalumni.com
www.loftnet.com/roots/