[X Newbies] MAC OS Reset its Networking?

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Mon Sep 22 02:02:09 PDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 11:17:46PM -0400, Leigh Seaver wrote:
:
: I 've been having a problem lately.  I frequently set up my mac for
: overnight file transfer and for several months it has been running
: without a hitch.  Now, recently (say, within the past couple of weeks)
: my internet connection has been terminated during the wee hours of the
: morning with a message that "Mac OS has Reset its Networking".  This
: doesn't happen every night, but perhaps once every three nights or so.
: I find it irritating as I lose several hours of file transfer.
:
: Any ideas on what this is?  Can I change some preference setting to
: stop it?

Are you sure it's OS X that is prematurely closing your network
connection?  It could be an issue with your ISP.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/