[X Newbies] DVD disk and JPG Pics

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Fri Sep 26 08:05:31 PDT 2003

On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 09:35 AM, jc wrote:

> Then how should I format the disk so the pictures can be shown on a TV?

The typical Apple approach to this kind of issue is to create tools so
you don't have to worry about "how to format the disk". If you want a
disk to use in other computers, create and burn it with the finder. If
you want a disk to use in DVD players, create and burn it with iDVD.

To add photos to any DVD, first have them in iPhoto.
Click the "Slideshow" button and then double-click the "My Slideshow"
to edit it
Click the "Customize" button in iDVD, pick the Photos tab at the top
Drag the photos you want into the slide show.

>  I put movies on a DVD disk and they of course can be seen on the TV.

There's no "of course" there - that won't work with most DVD players.
If you only want to play the disks on your own DVD player, then that
might work for you. If you want to make a disk that will play on any
DVD player, use iDVD.

SR