New eMac questions

Dale Critchley dale at infinityltd.org
Sun Apr 4 06:58:35 PDT 2004

I just ordered a refurb eMac 1GHz combo drive to replace my 8100. :^D It'll
be here in 6-10 business days.

I have a few questions:

Is there a list somewhere of software that will work in OS 9 but not
"Classic"? I heard DreamWeaver 4 won't work in Classic. Anyone experienced
otherwise?

Anything else I need to know/be warned of as someone transitioning from OS
9.1 on a 8100/G3 to an eMac running OS X 10.3? eMac-specific caveats?

What's the easiest way to transfer all my stuff from one to the other,
especially thinking about stuff that's going to mess up Classic? Should I
just forget about 3rd party extensions, etc.?

What must-have (pref. freeware) apps should I know about as a new OS X user?

What's the easiest way to import video from my VHS home movies? I want to
get a SuperDrive soon and convert them all to DVD. No, my camcorder doesn't
have USB or FireWire.

I know, I sound like a total newbie, even though I've been messing with Macs
since 1994 and Apples since 1982. But this is a whole 'nother ballgame.

--
 |   Bought with a Price,
-+-  Dale