[X Newbies] Internet Explorer stuck in corner...

Scott scott-xlists at scotist.com
Sun Apr 4 14:38:44 PDT 2004

On Apr 4, 2004, at 2:12 PM, Noel Westerlind wrote:

> I can't move it from the left side of the right monitor.
> It is stuck on the right side of the monitor. Its pinned.
> The close, expand and minimize buttons are also gone.
>  Here is a screen capture of the problem.
> http://homepage.mac.com/noelwesterlind/PhotoAlbum20.html
> You will notice that the eBay Internet Explorer Window
> can move anywhere on either monitor.
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/noelwesterlind/PhotoAlbum20.html
> Thanks,
> Noel

Two possibilities:
1. Change your screen resolution. See if the window is moveable. Change
back to original resolution when done.

2. Select the window by clicking on it - it should now be 'active'.
Since you still won't be able to reach the title bar or buttons, close
it by using 'apple-w' on the keyboard (hold down the apple key, and
press the letter w).
Now open a new browser window (File -->New Window from the menu bar, or
'apple-n' on the keyboard).  Quit Explorer, then relaunch it.
Hopefully,any new windows will be in a more normal position.