[X Newbies] Where's the cube?

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Tue Apr 13 15:50:11 PDT 2004

On Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004, at 18:10 Canada/Eastern, Dale Critchley wrote:

> With fast user switching on my eMac 1 GHz, when I switch users, I
> don't get
> the rotating cube effect. It just fades to blue, then into the new
> user. How
> do I get the cube?

The cube-rotation animation requires Quartz Extreme. I suspect your
video card doesn't support QE. For instructions on how to check whether
it does or not, search your Mac Help for "about quartz extreme" or see
Apple KB article 152366.

Off-topic: As a mere subscriber, may I suggest to our American fellow
subscribers that using sigs to push their political or religious
propaganda may be unwelcome (or even offensive) to (some) non-Americans?