OT: "Propaganda"

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Apr 15 10:39:40 PDT 2004

> From: Steven Rogers <srogers1 at austin.rr.com>
> Apparently - since you've decided we don't have the right to set the
> topic of discussion list.

Sigs are not part of the discussion. Everyone except you seems to know
this, so I guess it's up to me to educate you.

>   Freedom of Speech means freedom from
> *government* control of your speech - it doesn't mean that you can
> hijack a discussion list for your own purposes.

I don't. I generally stick to talking about Macs unless someone wants
to start an argument, as you seem to want to do.

> Its that level of total disrespect for the moderator and members of the
> list that leads you to abuse the list for your own purposes.

Are you the moderator? If not, why are you acting as one? This isn't
YOUR list either, bub.

The moderators want to set rules, I'll either obey them or go
elsewhere. They, like most normal people, have long since decided that
sigs are not part of the discussion. You need to get with the program.

> OK - so you're not abusing the list with every post - just when you
> feel like it.

You mean in the same sense that you feel free to "hijack" the list and
discuss OT stuff publicly instead of in private email -- just when you
feel like it?

> We've already been through this numerous times with your "signatures"

Yes, we have. And each time, it becomes clearer and clearer that the
official policy here is that sigs aren't part of the discussion and
won't be regulated. The fact that you don't seem to get that despite,
as you say, us having gone over the issue several times indicates a
comprehension problem on your part, not a problem on my part.

> so I hope everyone noticed the "for a while" qualifier

I admit that I didn't make that clear. I meant that I'd be happy to
make the effort to drop OT sigs for *as long* as everyone else does. I
hope that clarifies things for you.

If you feel the need to discuss it further, please take it off-list.

_Chas_

Read the PDB of August 6th, 2001 for yourself:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/images/04/10/whitehouse.pdf
and then tell me how the President could go on vacation for a month.