[X Newbies] Hard drive space

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Wed Apr 21 06:42:52 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, Apr 21, 2004, at 01:47 Canada/Eastern, Jennifer Thomas
wrote:

> I have a year 2000 model iMac (version = 32.1) 350 Mhz, Power PC G3
> [...]
> My capacity hard drive space is 6.99 GB, but I'm down to 555.9 MB

I'm suprised you're not having problems already.

> [...] The only large files I have left are in iTunes and iPhoto.  Are
> there any duplicates that
> these apps store that I could delete?

It's possible to prune OS X by removing or not installing unnecessary
printer drivers (some 200 to 300MB) or unnecessary languages. As a temp
fix, check out /Library/Printers/ and trash drivers you don't need. But
you definitely need a new drive.

> Also, how large a hard drive can I install in my computer?

128 GB.

> Any other suggestions?

Get a new drive without delay. With a bit of search, you'll find
replacement instructions on the 'net (e.g.,
<http://homepage.mac.com/techedgeezine/cart_imac_update2.html>).