[X Newbies] Hard drive space

Dale Critchley dale at infinityltd.org
Wed Apr 21 19:52:28 PDT 2004

On Apr 21, 2004, at 1:00 PM, Charles Martin wrote:

>> My capacity hard drive space is 6.99 GB, but I'm down to 555.9 MB
>>
> This is very bad. OS X needs lots of free space for temp files and
> swap space. As you've already concluded, your hard drive is too small
> to sustain a full installation of OS X and the apps you need.

Okay, we just installed Panther on my wife's iBook 300. She's enjoying
it, but it is a bit slow. Based on these threads, it appears she needs
much more HD space. Giving her a few extra gigs isn't too expensive,
but how would we transfer the data from the old to the new? We don't
have another iBook to install it into to ethernet everything over, and
the thought of burning multiple CDs is not a pleasant one. I guess we
could ethernet it to my eMac and back to the iBook (Just thought of
that one!), but is there an OS X version of an app like Clean-Install
Assistant?

--
  |   Bought with a Price,
-+-  Dale