[X Newbies] Hard drive space

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Wed Apr 21 20:30:17 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, Apr 21, 2004, at 22:25 Canada/Eastern, Jennifer Thomas
wrote:

> [...] Is there anything special about Apple's system that requires a
> particular kind of Hard Drive?

Not really.

> Or can I buy any old drive?

I shouldn't buy any _old_ drive. Otherwise, pretty much. I buy my
drives from a cut-rate PC store in the area. If you ask those guys
about Mac, they'll send you to MacDonald's. Just make sure it's new and
under warranty. Charles' suggestion -- 120GB, 7200RPM, 8MB cache -- is
what I'd get. As to brand, you'll hear passionate pro and con arguments
about every major one.