[X Newbies] converting wordperfect files to Word v.X

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed Apr 21 22:41:46 PDT 2004

Alex said:

>> [...] A really nice recent solution is to download and use the new FREE
>> opensource OS X version of AbiWord.  [...] [it] includes some
>> very effective translators.  It can open and save as Word, WordPerfect,
>> and several other formats.[...]
>
>Randy, the link you provided is for the development Cocoa version of
>AbiWord, which, AFAICT, for the time being doesn't have any plug-ins.
>Are you talking about using it under X11?

No.  Several users have reported to me that they have used it (the Cocoa
version) to open WordPerfect files and save in Word format.

In fact, most of these reports have come from folks who were frustrated
trying to get the DataViz translators, and ThinkFree Office, to do the
conversion, without sufficient success.

Randy B. Singer

How To Deal With Common OS X 10.3 Panther Problems
http://www.macattorney.com/panther.html