Onyx

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun Apr 25 10:45:07 PDT 2004

> From: "Chris Walker" <chris at mymac.demon.co.uk>
>
> One of the things that intrigues me with Onyx is, 'delete core.xxx
> files'
> found under automate.  What exactly are these files and should they be
> deleted?

Excellent question!

The core files are the results of some kernel panics -- the computer
writes out the entire core file to a log (which is quite large). These
files can take up a lot of room if you have successive problems, and
yes they should be deleted. It's unlikely any of us have these files,
but if present they are log files you can safely delete.

_Chas_

In 1960, Republicans insinuated that a Catholic, Democratic candidate
with the initials JFK was unfit for the Presidency because he would do
the Pope's bidding as President.

In 2004, Republicans are insinuating that a Catholic, Democratic
candidate with the initials JFK is unfit for the Presidency because he
won't do the Pope's bidding as President.