[X Newbies] SFTP

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 08:35:06 PDT 2004

Hi Eugene and Alex,

Thanks for the information.  One point to take this a little further.  If
I turn file sharing on, does this leave port 22 open so that I can SSH
into my machine?  Following on from this, aren't I leaving a nice big
open door for hacker attacks via port 22?  I do have a hardware firewall
with Stateful Packet Inspection, so theoretically I should be fairly well
protected, but this no doubt relies on me not leaving the doors open.

What is the best tool to SSH with?  I'm not particularly good with the
terminal so something with a decent GUI would be best.

cheers,

Chris