[X Newbies] Garage Band

Paul Baily mglists at paulbaily.com
Wed Apr 28 17:38:10 PDT 2004

On 29/04/2004, at 9:57 am, J wrote:

> When opening the application it seems to be looking for someone in the
> USERS>HISUSERNAME>MUSIC>GARAGEBAND folder.
> [...]
> Can these be replaced? From where?
> Eventually the app itself opens OK.

That's the default location where GarageBand stores your music projects
(the songs you're putting together.) When you launch GarageBand, it
tries to open the last project you were working on. It stores
instruments and loops at /Library/Application\ Support/GarageBand, so
if those are there you should have everything it needs (aside,
unfortunately, from any songs the user has created.)

If that's the only cause of the delay you should be able to fix this by
launching GarageBand, then creating a new empty project and saving it.

If the delay (error?) still occurs I'd suggest removing/renaming its
plist file (~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.garageband.plist) but note
that that file also keeps track of where all the loops & instruments
are. If GarageBand doesn't look around for custom loops & instruments,
these may need to be re-added afterwards.

HTH, and cheers,

Paul.