[X-Newbies] AT command

Aldo Johnson Deetya at cbn.net.id
Fri Dec 10 20:58:12 PST 2004

Dear all,

I need your help & wisdom some more. My dial-up internet connection
is suddenly spotty. Yesterday, I could dial-up just fine; today, I
can only connect for one minute or two, then it would cut off.

The "Internet Connect" app said something along the lines of "The
connection was disconnected because the other side is not responding"

I called my ISP, and they said that I have to add some AT commands to my modem.

I called my local Mac dealer to ask them how to add the AT commands
to my internal modem, and they said I have to upgrade my system to
10.3.

So what should I do? I could connect just fine yesterday. But somehow
today I can't connect? Is it because the heavy rains caused too much
static in the phone lines, and the internal modem is too sensitive
and kicked the connection out anytime there's a blip in the phone
lines?

In the time it took me to write this, I had to reinitiate internet
connection 5 times. :-O

I'm on a first-gen eMac 700 MHz, Sys. 10.1.5, 384mb memory.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- - Benjamin Franklin