Managing Web Images

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Feb 5 02:20:57 PST 2004

> From: Noel Westerlind <noelwesterlind at mac.com>
>
> Greetings Mac Genius's and My Heroes of the Mac world!
> I have a question for you.

Okay, now you're just buttering us up. :)

> How do I manage my web images?
> How do I "Slide Show" view jpg.s and other saved images?
> I tried a slide show in the Graphic Converter, there has got to be
> an easier way.
> I like iPhoto. I can't seem to get them into there.
> I tried to import them with iPhoto it didn't work.

You're running into the same problem I did when I first played with
iPhoto -- overthinking. To get saved images into iPhoto, just drag them
into the library window. That's it!

At present, I have to say that iPhoto has by far the nicest options for
slideshows, but for my "web" and desktop picture (wallpaper)
collections, I actually use a completely different program: gBrowser,
which is available from Macupdate.com or versiontracker.com.

I tend to leave iPhoto for just my digital photos, and let gbrowser
handle my day-to-day web images/graphics/etc.

There are also TONS of other such programs out there.

> I will expand on exactly what I do with "Preview"
> 1. I click on one photo in the folder
> 2. The photo comes up in Preview
> 3. The other pictures in that folder do not show up in the drawer

Right.

If you want all the photos to be in the "drawer," then use the mouse to
select all the photos, THEN double-click one.

> Please tell me the best way to manage my jpg.s

Well that depends on you and what you're comfortable with. Try a few
different image browser/manager programs and see what works best for
you.

_Chas_

Mnemonic of the Year: ABBA -- Anybody But Bush Again.
http://www.abbaparty.com